Health Risk Services is a progressive, dynamic and professional company offering a range of Employee Benefits, Self-Funded Benefit Plans, Corporate and Individual Insurance across Canada. We are based in Calgary, Alberta.
Our 18 years of success can be attributed to our team of knowledgeable and positive minded individuals who contribute towards the culture and enjoyable work atmosphere of the company. We pride ourselves on “thinking outside of the box” and welcome new team members who are willing and able to bring new and fresh thinking to the table!
In return for your contributions, Health Risk Services can offer you a promising, long-term and successful career with an above average comprehensive compensation package as it pertains to the position you are applying for. If you are looking for both the opportunity to contribute to and then receive the benefits of a successful company, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
All enquires and submitted resumes will be handled with the strictest of confidence.
Thank You for your interest in Health Risk Services!
Current Opportunities to Join Our Team:
Claims Specialist, Benefits Operations
The successful applicant will report to the Operations Manager. The primary responsibilities consist of Claims Adjudication, Employee Benefits Administration and Customer Service. You will be accountable for being the main point of contact for thousands of employees across Canada, and as such, will need to have a keen eye for detail, a focus on accuracy and exceptional customer service skills. Critical Thinking Skills and the desire to help the Client is a must!
Why Choose Health Risk Services Inc?
Health Risk is celebrating its 20th Anniversary come January 1, 2020! We are a successful Boutique Benefits & Brokerage company that specializes in unique and customized benefits programs and insurance strategies. The company is based in Calgary, AB but we have clients from British Columbia to Ontario. We believe in creating and maintaining individual client relationships and as a result, have clients that have been with us for close to 20 years! We are entrepreneurial in our thinking, our philosophies and our approach. Our environment fosters the empowerment of our people to always make the right and best decisions when it comes to providing the ultimate in service to our clients. So, if you are searching for a career that will provide work diversity, challenging opportunities and financial security – rather than just a job, then Health Risk can provide the career you have been looking for! For more information about Health Risk Services, please visit our website at healthrisk.ca.
Come Join Our Team!
What the Claims Specialist will be responsible for:
• First point of contact for all incoming telephone and website enquiries
• First point of contact for employees regarding any benefits enquiries and will handle all issues in a confidential and timely manner
• Day to day service and administrative support for both the Employer and Employees
• Prepare, post and promote employee communications such as Newsletters
• Update client information on internal databases
• Troubleshooting and problem solving of data or employee issues
Benefits – Health and Dental Claims Adjudication
• Performing the daily adjudication and payment of all Health, Dental & Vision expenses/claims that are submitted by clients
• Develop extreme proficiency in the use and management of the adjudication software program being used by HRS
• Responsible for data maintenance, integrity and regular data audits
• Maintain the Employee Benefits Portal
Administration – Operations (high level of proficiency in all MS Office – Word, PowerPoint)
• All administrative duties pertaining to Group Benefit Clients inclusive but not restricted to Enrollments, Terminations and changes
• Create and maintain Employee Benefit Booklets
• Maintain Benefits Procedures, materials and insurance documents
• Create and Maintain the Benefits Procedures Manual
• Coordinate and facilitate benefits orientation packages
• Support enrollment for new and existing employees
• Liaise with Insurance carriers regarding claims resolution,
• Liaise with Insurance carriers regarding the reconciliation of monthly billing statements or any other issue that presents itself
• CASL compliance inclusive of updated policies and procedures
• Support the team with general administrative work for clients and around the office
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager
Benefits Reporting & Renewals (high level of proficiency in Excel)
• Work with the President to support and service clients by performing a variety of technical and analytical functions
• Collect, analyze and prepare claims and benefits data for client meetings or adhoc reporting
• Renewal preparation of insurance carrier renewals and Self-Administered Plans inclusive of pricing and funding analysis
Financial – Assistance to Operations Manager (bookkeeping or QuickBooks knowledge is a preferred asset)
• Verify and reconcile monthly invoices and premiums received – maintain reconciliation spreadsheets
• Maintain daily accounts receivable
• Assist the Operations Manager in all pre-determined financial functions relating to the Client Accounts Receivable
Social Media (ability to work with websites a preferred asset)
• The ability to work with websites on the back end to post to the site and add new information would be an asset but is not a requirement
• The ability to work with sites such as LinkedIn and Alignable would be an asset but is not a requirement
• Marketing Skills through Social Media would be an asset but is not a requirement
Other Responsibilities • Additional or different responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Operations Manager or the President.
Employee Benefits Associate/Advisor/Consultant – Commission Based
- The qualified individual must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the sales and marketing of Group/Employee Benefits and be open to a new way of doing things! You will have the opportunity to build your own block of business within the umbrella of Health Risk while learning about amazing, unique and sustainable options to provide your existing clients and new clients alike. You are currently fully licensed and carry E&O Insurance.
What Qualifications and Competencies you Will Bring to Health Risk:
• Business Administration Diploma preferred OR
• A minimum of 2 years related insurance industry experience specifically in employee benefits.
• You MUST have strong Customer Service Skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships both with the customer and your team.
• You MUST be a dedicated team player who will demonstrate initiative and independence.
• You MUST have EXCELLENT time management skills and the ability manage multiple assignments with deadlines a priority.
• You MUST be able to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
• You MUST be able to demonstrate EXCELLENT accuracy and attention to detail.
• You MUST exhibit sound judgement and critical thinking skills and the ability to use those skills to define and solve problems.
• You MUST believe in the Culture and over all well-being and success of your Employer and your Team mates.
• You MUST be Reliable, Trustworthy and Results Orientated
Only Applicants with the Following Strong Skills will be Considered for this Role:
• High Level of Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software products – especially Excel and Word
• Demonstrated computer proficiency when learning new programs such as CRM and Adjudication Software
• NOTE: We will be requiring that the applicants chosen for interviews to be prepared for Skill Testing.
Salary and Benefits will Commensurate with Experience
Full Job description: Claims Specialist 2019
Please be advised that we will respond ONLY to those resumes which meet the above criteria. Chosen applicants should be prepared to complete skill testing in required fields.
Please apply in confidence with resume and cover letter to resumes(at)healthrisk.ca
Insurance Sales Associate/Advisor – Commission Based
- The qualified individual must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the sales and marketing of Life Insurance. You are currently fully licensed and carry E&O Insurance. A good working knowledge of Corporate Life Insurance such as Buy-Sell Agreement Funding would be an asset.