The Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant aids Alberta businesses that were ordered to close or curtail operations and as a consequence experienced a revenue reduction.
To be eligible, businesses must be one of the following legal entities:
- A corporation registered under the Business Corporations Act (Alberta)
- A partnership registered under the Partnership Act (Alberta)
- A sole proprietor registered under the Partnership Act (Alberta)
- A non-profit registered under part 9 of the Companies Act (Alberta)
- A society registered under the Societies Act (Alberta)
- A cooperative registered under the Cooperatives Act (Alberta)
In addition, the businesses must have fewer than 500 employees and have a permanent establishment in Alberta. An organization whose operations were not closed or substantially curtailed due to a public health order are not eligible.
The original program permitted eligible organizations to apply for 15% of their pre-COVID-19 monthly revenue up to a maximum of $5,000. To be eligible, businesses must have experienced a 40% revenue reduction in April or May 2020 compared to April 2019, May 2019 or February 2020.
Starting next week, businesses that have experienced a 30% revenue reduction will qualify for the expanded program. This 30% threshold will be available to impacted businesses retroactive to March 2020. Under this expanded program, businesses will be able to apply for 15% of their pre-COVID-19 monthly revenue up to a maximum of $5,000 for their first payment and a maximum of $15,000 for their second payment. Applications for the second payment are not currently available but should be announced shortly.
For further details and how to apply, go to the following link:
For questions about the program, you can also e-mail: SMErelaunch.firstname.lastname@example.org